The Fourth International Workshop on Image Processing Techniques and Applications
22-23 July 2019
CMIT, University of Liverpool, UK
Image Processing Techniques and Applications (IPTA) is a Liverpool-based workshop for the communication of research related to image processing techniques and its applications to real life imaging problems. Held every 4 years, it provides an opportunity to present and discuss research on recent advances in mathematical modelling and analysis. A journal special issue is planned after the event in the Journal of Algorithms and Computational Technology (OA, but no charge).
Invited speakers include:
- Prof Frederic Precioso, University of Nice-Sophie Antipolis
- Prof Fiorella Sgallari, University of Bologna
- Prof Raymond Chan, Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Prof Laurent Cohen, Universite Paris Dauphine
- Prof Marta Betcke, University College London
- Prof Dexing Kong, Zhejiang University
- Prof Joachim Weickert, Saarland University
Aims and Themes
- review the state-of-the-art in image processing models, methods, techniques and commercial software packages;
- review learning methods in imaging,
- highlight new techniques and applications in Biomedical Imaging,
- tackle existing and emerging image challenges,
- promote mutual understanding of researchers in different disciplines, and networking;
- facilitate future research development and collaborations;
The main themes are image segmentation, multi-modality registration, deep learning and efficient algorithms with applications in medical and biomedical imaging.
IPTA 2019 is jointly sponsored by
- Centre for Mathematical Imaging Techniques (CMIT and LCMH), University of Liverpool
- Centre for Mathematical Imaging in Healthcare (CMIH), University of Cambridge
- Computer Vision and Machine Learning Lab (CVML), University of Central Lancashire
IPTA 2019 is organised by
- Ke Chen (Chair, CMIT/ LCMH and Math Sciences, University of Liverpool)
- Bogdan J. Matuszewski (Robotics and Computer Vision Lab, University of Central Lancashire)
- Harish Poptani (Centre for Preclinical Imaging, University of Liverpool)
- Carola-Bibiane Schönlieb (DAMTP, University of Cambridge)
- Yalin Zheng (Department of Eye and Vision Science, University of Liverpool)
Registration is open
The 4th International Workshop on Image Processing Techniques and Applications, is being held at the University of Liverpool on 22-23 July 2019, immediately before the 23rd Conference on Medical Image Understanding and Analysis (MIUA2019 on 24-26 July 2019).
The registration fee for this IPTA workshop is £50 but, if booked with MIUA, there is an overall discount of £25.
Liverpool, an amazing city, was named one of the top five places to visit in the UK by tourists from around the world. The venue is easily accessible via Manchester international airport (35 mins away), Liverpool John Lennon airport (20 mins away) and London Euston Train station (2 hours away).